A local medspa in Los Angeles, CA as you can imagine deals with a ton of competition. There are more medspas in LA than any other city in the United States. They were rejected by Google Ads meaning they can’t use Google to advertise their medspa. They have had some moderate success with Facebook & Instagram advertising. But those were the core digital advertising tactics they used to gain exposure and drive traffic to their healthcare medspa.
After engaging with another agency that is partnered with Propellant Media to bring geofencing marketing to their brand, we were up to the challenge to see how our platform could target people most likely to express interest in medspa related services such as lip injections, laser fat removal, and other similar services.
As we continued to consult with the client, we learned they were doing some Facebook Instagram advertising with moderate success. Given our proprietary system of taking our geofencing audiences and pushing them into their Facebook Ads Manager, they also allowed our team to test this new system on their practice.
After conducting a discovery meeting with the agency partner, the team at Propellant Media developed a comprehensive strategy of geofencing, site retargeting, and Facebook/Instagram geofencing to drive performance for the Medspa
- Geofencing Marketing – Our team built geo-fences around 13 competitor medspa’s in the area. We also hit other shopping locations where we felt our core demographic frequented, but we still focused the bulk of the budget to the 13 competitor rejuvenation medspa’s.
- Site Retargeting – In order to maximize our brand recall and those who visited the website, we developed a site retargeting campaign with a frequency of 8 ads served per day per person to keep them top of mind, not just to our campaigns but to other digital advertising efforts they were deploying including Google Ads and Facebook/Instagram advertising.
- Facebook/Instagram Geofencing – Utilizing the same geofencing audience we were serving ads to via our programmatic ad exchanges, we utilize our proprietary method of pushing that audience to Facebooks & Instagram. Overall, the process encompassed:
- Ensuring the client had a Facebook pixel on their website
- Our team having access to their existing Facebook Ads manager
- Our team having access to their Facebook Page
This enabled us to ensure we could build the impression based audience in our programmatic geofencing platform and utilize that same audience in Facebook and Instagram. To be clear, this is not simply a list of people who clicked on the clients ads. This is an audience of people who were served an impression via our programmatic ad exchanges and serve that same audience on Facebook/Instagram.
This medpa has experienced great results in a short period of time totaling 3 weeks. Our team delivered 116,000 million impressions, 1200 clicks, but most importantly, 8 geo-fence conversions, measuring the number of users came to their location after seeing an ad.
But just as important as that was the 8 conversions we drove from our geofencing campaign audience we build for the client in their Facebook Ads manager. Our cost per conversion came out to be $15.00 and our CTR was 4.02%…3 – 4X better than the existing campaigns the client was running.